labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Video Hits (I)

Another kudo (kudum?) to The Telegram for their ever-useful and growing body of raw video, especially of Our Dear Premier. Where else are you going to find Classics of Hypocrisy™ such as:

Now we got a situation where, y’know, I was in a meeting, my officials were in a meeting on November 30th. A statement was made that very clearly left the impression that he could win the election without Newfoundland and Labrador. A spokesperson for the Prime Minister then comes out and says, “that’s just not true, that never happened.” Well, I was there, and I’m saying it happened. My officials are there, and they’re saying it happened. I actually left that meeting and shortly afterwards actually conveyed that message to my cabinet.
Again, let’s assume, for argument’s sake, that Harper actually said what Danny said Harper said.

How is that any less offensive than Danny Williams, on the day he was sworn in as Premier, saying of Labrador, which has nearly three-quarters of the provincial landmass, that:
If you’re going to cut the cabinet back then obviously certain portions of the province, minute portions of the province, can be left out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home