labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Overcompensation

Shawn Skinner, then (as in, November):

My boss can vote for who he wishes. He can mark his 'X' where he wishes to mark it. From my perspective, I have a job to do. I'm elected by the people of St. John's Centre. I'm in cabinet representing the people of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador and I have a job to do. And I'm going to do that to the best of my ability.
If and when there is a federal election, we all as individual citizens can make up our own minds what we want to do. I'm here today as a provincial minister and I'm carrying out my duties as a provincial minister.

Shawn Skinner, apologetically, a few hours later:



Shawn Skinner, now, as reported in The Telegram today by Everton McLean:
Vote carefully in federal election, Skinner warns

Shawn Skinner, minister of human resources, labour and employment for the province, told the St. John's Board of Trade Wednesday to be wary of federal politicians bearing funds.

He said the Harper government has broken promises to the province before, referring specifically to an equalization promise that the province says is worth $10 billion.

"We're seeing some promises again now, we're seeing some more money coming," he said, referring to recent announcements by the federal government.

"Why are they doing this? I think the answer is simple. Voting time is here again. And if that's the case, let's be careful where we mark our X."
Vote early, vote often, vote carefully.

Or else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home