labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Point of order, Mr. Speaker! (IV)

Still more great moments in recent Bow-Wow Parliamentary history. And be forewarned: the worst decorum in the House seems to be in May-month.

May 9, 2005

PREMIER WILLIAMS: - I prepared to lose the fishery if I did not get my way. I did not say that, Mr. Speaker. Under no circumstances did I say that. That is not what I said. The Member for Signal Hill-Quidi Vidi is hanging around with the Member for Exploits too long. He is getting just like him. He should practice good politics here in this Province and be responsible and ask proper questions. Give to me the words that I said exactly and I will give you an answer, Sir.

SOME HON. MEMBERS: Hear, hear!

MR. BARRETT: (Inaudible).

MR. SPEAKER: Order, please!

I ask the Member for Bellevue if he would stand and withdraw the comment he just made.

MR. BARRETT: Mr. Speaker, I withdraw and return at a later date.

MR. SPEAKER: I ask the member to withdraw his comment unequivocally, without any commentary whatsoever. I ask the member, again, to withdraw his comment.

MR. BARRETT: I withdraw, Mr. Speaker.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home