labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Monday, October 19, 2009

All opposed say Wow

Some more from the corpus of "cracky". Here it is getting smacked down by the Speaker:

MR. DUMARESQUE: (Inaudible) explain it.

MR. WARREN: Mr. Speaker, let me say to my little saucy crackie from Eagle River -

SOME HON. MEMBERS: Hear, hear!

MR. SPEAKER: Order, please! Order, please!

I remind the hon. the Member for Torngat Mountains, that remark is unparliamentary and I ask him to withdraw it.

AN HON. MEMBER: Medium-sized crackie.

MR. WARREN: Thank you very much, Mr. Speaker. I withdraw those remarks, but he does resemble one.

[May 21, 1991]

Some more crackie-related wit:
MR. WINSOR: Mr. Speaker, could you silence the Minister of Municipal Affairs. He is sounding just like a little crackie there: yap, yap, yap.

AN HON. MEMBER: A big crackie.


Still more canine humour:
MR. J. BYRNE: I believe the hon. Government House Leader made some remarks across the House once or twice with respect to the Bay Verte crackie, which was what he called the Member for Baie Verte - White Bay. Well, that leads me to think that the Premier reminds me of a Labrador retriever who is following a bone or a duck in the bay. He is going out swimming after it but the tide is bringing it further and further and he is finally that far out that he swims under.

[May 10, 1994]

And more inevitible references to yapping:

MR. FRENCH: If the fellow next to him would like to keep on yapping, he can yap until the cows come home for all this member here cares. I really do not care about him or the fellow sitting next to him. I have to say in all honesty, I have stood here tonight - I have gotten up and talked - and he is still not sitting in his own seat. He is still yapping like a crackie - still yapping, the crackie from Windsor - Buchans, is it? He is still over there, he is still yapping, and he can yap until the cows come home for all I care.

[December 12, 1996]

And here, the target of the c-word rises on an unrelated point of order (that isn't actually a point of order):

MR. REID: The minister can yap like a crackie over there all he wants. He is good at that, but when he is asked to do something, like he was asked in this House this week, to interfere and do something for the people of Harbour Breton, what did he do? He is a crackie all right, he ran off with his tail between his legs. That is what he did. He is a crackie all right, he ran off with his tail between his legs and became a spokesman for FPI. In fact, I was astounded yesterday afternoon to listen to the spokesman for FPI.

MR. TAYLOR: I have sat here for the last ten or fifteen minutes, however long the member has been talking, and listened to him impute motives on me about trying to hoodwink people. I don’t sense that is parliamentary language, first of all, and secondly, Madam Speaker, just for the record, when we were asked to do something in Arnold’s Cove we got a solution for the people of Arnold’s Cove.

[November 23, 2004]

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home