labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Monday, November 02, 2009

The man in the mirror

From Dave Bartlett’s debrief of ODP’s appearance before the Editorial Board of the Quebec Daily Newspaper:

However, he revealed this week he was close to walking away from political life before he even ran for office.

"I just looked in the mirror one morning and said, 'Look, if I don't do this, will I look back in 10 years time and say I could've made a difference?' And I think we've made a difference," Williams said.
Dave Bartlett must be a CTV/NTV viewer:

CBC The National, December 8, 2003:


I just didn't want to look in the mirror in ten years' time and say you walked away from it.
Cf. Rex Murphy’s puff-piece from The National of October 9, 2007. (Formerly at www.cbc.ca/national/blog/video/politicseconomy/the_phenomenon.html
before the stand-up comics SuperGeniuses at CBC re-launched, made their shows unwatchable, and their website unuseable):
You know, I was 50 when the Leader of the Progressive Conservative Party here indicated he was stepping down. I had no interest in going into politics on the front line. I'd always been involved in organization, poll captains, done all of that, but I sat back and went away by myself because people were asking me then if I was interested in the leadership. And I finally got up one morning and looked in the mirror, and I said: "If I don't do this, in ten years' time, I might look back and say, you know, I might have made a difference." And that's what drives me. That's what motivates me. It's also the wrongs of the past that motivate me. I don't think we've gotten a fair shake in the eyes of the nation. I think we've got a lot to offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home