labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Train 'em early (XV): Wade Verge

Wade Verge gives his maiden speech on March 11, 2008. Long before Danny fired the pfffft heard round the province, Verge showed what kind of opinion he was entitled to:
Mr. Speaker, I want to thank Premier Williams for accepting me as a member of this team. I am very pleased to be a member of the Williams Government and I intend to work with him, his Cabinet and this caucus to advance the issues brought to my attention by the people in my district and throughout the Province.

In closing, Mr. Speaker, I wish to quote something from Hansard that I came across in doing a little research. It was written on the opening day of the Forty-Fifth Assembly, on March 18, 2004, approximately four years ago.

Our Premier, Mr. Williams, said the following, "Mr. Speaker, Newfoundlanders and Labradorians are not looking to their government for miracles. They are looking for strong leadership that listens, get all the right information, makes strong decisions and moves ahead progressively towards concrete goals. They are looking for a government that will work on their Province’s behalf, creatively, constructively and compassionately."

Mr. Speaker, I believe our government under the leadership of the hon. Premier Williams has listened to the people. They have done the research and they have provided leadership, leadership that has brought this Province from a position of deficit to an era of surplus, from an air of gloom to an atmosphere of optimism and from an age of burden to a future of promise.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home