labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Train 'em early (XIX): Kevin Pollard

The current legislature's first by-election victor named Kevin P. makes his maiden speech on December 8, 2008, invoking, for perhaps the last time, Our Dear Campaign Slogan from 2007. Sadly, his rhetorical flourish came at a price for his larynx:

I was delighted and honoured to have several MHAs and ministers, along with Premier Williams, visit the district during the by-election. They injected confidence, spark, energy, and flavour into my rigorous campaign. Knowing how busy they really were, I thought they made a big sacrifice. It meant a whole lot to me. It meant that I was not alone in this race. It demonstrated to me and to the entire District of Baie Verte-Springdale, that I had a team who was cheering me on, for which I am sincerely grateful. It gave me the assurance that I, should I be elected, would have a supportive and a helpful team, a team led by a strong, visionary, capable leader. That leader, Mr. Chair, is none other than Premier Williams.

SOME HON. MEMBERS: Hear, hear!

MR. POLLARD: Thank you, Premier, for accepting me as part of this formidable team, a competent team, a winning team, a proactive team, a solid team.

I believe that we are indeed bold, strong, proud and determined people. With every ounce of energy, with every fibre in our being, with the strongest voice possible, this government, under the strong leadership of Premier Williams, will continue to implement sound fiscal management practices that will continue to take us through not only the good times, but also the hard times.

I am proud to be a part of this government, Mr. Chair. I am proud to be a voice for the people of Baie Verte-Springdale. I am proud to be a Newfoundlander and Labradorian.

Thank you, Mr. Chair. I am losing my voice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home