labradore

"We can't allow things that are inaccurate to stand." — The Word of Our Dan, February 19, 2008.

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Bacon to Burin

Dr Darin Luther King tells VOCM (temporary audio link):
Every single dime that I can bring to my district I'm going to try and announce, because if I want people to know, going into an election, people are going to look at other candidates, and they're going to assess them and say "what are your qualifications, what are you going to do for me if you're elected?" Well, a part of what I'm going to do as an incumbent is say, "here's what I've delivered upon for you, here's my track record, you know what I promised in 2007, here's what I've worked on and delivered upon, and you can expect more if I get re-elected."
You'd think the Progressive Conservatives Dunderdale2011s had invented government spending, or something, the way they keep implying that they are the only ones who will continue to spend money on government programs and services.

But, really now, what is the difference between the implication, in Dr. Darin Luther King's VOCM hit, that you CAN'T expect more if someone other than himself gets elected, and this?
I’m sitting on top of the public chest and not one red cent will come out of it unless Greg Power is elected. Unless you vote for my man, you’ll be out in the cold for the next five years. Those settlements which vote against Greg Power will get nothing, absolutely nothing.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, August 09, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

DLK! LOL

 
At 2:05 PM, August 09, 2011 , Blogger WJM said...

That's DOCTOR, to you, peasant.

 
At 2:28 PM, August 09, 2011 , Blogger Edward Hollett said...

Which would make him:

- Dr. DLK
- DDLK
- D2LK
- Dee Lick, or
- Doctor Dee Lick.

 
At 7:18 AM, August 10, 2011 , Blogger Mark said...

I'd vote for the man. The longer he is in the House, the less time he's anywhere near a classroom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home